Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day at the Races!!!

Saturday, January 12 @ 10:30 A.M - received a phone call asking me 1) if I wanted to go to the Bud Shootout and 2) did I have someone that could go with me!  I said yes and let me make a phone call.  I called my little brother (who isn't so little, but still) because he had never been treated to a race.  Dad's company use to sponsor a Busch series car and Dad took Steven and myself (at seperate times) to a race, but the company stopped sponsoring the car before he could take Josh.  So I thought I'd make it up to him and boy did I!!!

We got to sit in a skybox with just about all the food you could eat and definitely all the drinks (coke, beer, water) you could drink.  We got to go on a tour of the garage and pit areas (we didn't meet any of the drivers, but saw their cars).  And watched the ARCA (not sure what it really stands for, but Kathy our tour guide said it was for "Another Race Car Accident") and then the Shootout!  We had a blast!!!  It was a wonderful surprise and a good time with new friends and my brother.


Enough said!
Getting ready for our tour



Kathy and Chip - Our Tour Guides

Lounge of the Hauler


A look from the garage area
Pit area

Inspection

Mark Martin's Car


Josh with his favorite beer car
Budweiser Clydesdales




Budweiser Truck

The Dalmation



A View of the Infield from
our Skybox

The drivers racing for
$1 million!!!

1 comment:

  1. we had a great time with y'all. glad you could make it. I liked our tour guide...Chip was a CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete