So on June 16, 2012, the 10 1/2 of us got together (figure that one out) for a nice dinner of steak, baked potatoes, and salad and a special dessert of banana pudding (one of Daddy's favorites). I couldn't have done it without the help from my brothers and sisters-in-law!!!
Back in November or December, I started thinking of something special I could do for Mom and Dad for this milestone. I finally settled on creating a new wedding album for them. Their original one was falling apart and I wanted the pictures that they had from their wedding to be preserved for generations to come. So, I stole their album and put the pictures into a scrapbook, then I found some pictures that my grandfather (mom's dad) took at the rehearsal, wedding, and reception and I decided that I could have some fun with those pictures and scrapbook them! :)
Mom loved the album. I'm sure that Dad loved it too, but he doesn't really speak of things like that. The kids loved looking through it too. It was a little more special since we had the unity candle that Mom and Dad lit at their wedding on the table and pictures of it in the album.
We also took the opportunity to take a new family photo (probably the last one with just 10!). We had a wonderful evening and it was so great to spend this special day with not just my parents, but with the rest of my family. They mean so much to me and I can't wait to spend more time with them. I pray that one day I find someone that I will spend 40 years with!
| Take one |
| Take two |
Do you see the 1/2 I was talking about earlier? We had to take two shots because with three small children and seven adults, you can't get a good shot in just one attempt (and sometimes not even in two).
| Jay helping open the present |
| Still opening |
| Looking at the book |
No comments:
Post a Comment