This was the question that my cousin Leslie and I asked ourselves the entire weekend. We decided to go with our extended family (13 of us total) camping in Georgia! Yes, I know that is was over 100 degrees and extremely high humidity. Yes, I realize that I don't have a camper with air conditioning and that tents are not the coolest places in the middle of June. But, my family is very convincing AND it was Father's Day weekend, so I went where my Daddy was.
The festivities began on Thursday evening when we all started to arrive. It down poured on us traveling up (with the 24 foot Hi-Lo camper pulling behind us - for my parents, not me). Some of the party were already at the campsite when the rains came and watched the little river run through the campsite (at least we knew where NOT to put a tent). Speaking of tents, I wish I had a picture of our set up - Tent City. We had 2 campers - one pop-up, one Hi-Lo - and three tents of varying sizes. In between the tents were a mess of electical cords so that we could plug in the multiple fans that we brought to try to keep us somewhat cool.
We stayed until Sunday mid-morning (the rest of the party stayed until Monday, but I had to get back to work). We had fun, but man were we sweating. No, not glistening, SWEATING!!!! There wasn't a lot for us to do, but play cards and drink (vodka and pink lemonaide!).
Leslie and I decided that we will not be this stupid again. No more camping during the months of May, June, July, August, or September. Please help us remember that the next time we start talking about going camping.
No comments:
Post a Comment