Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend of Friends and Fun

Alright, well I told you from the beginning that I wasn't very good at keeping up with stuff like this :). I've had a little disruption in my life, but that is for another post. Here are the pictures from the weekend of Sara's visit and the Gator baseball games! Thought it was fitting to finally post now that the Gators on are their way to the College World Series!
Friday night, the Gators took on LSU in the first of three games for the weekend. Casey, Sara, and I went and met Sara's brother at McKethan Stadium. We were having fun when we noticed that the sky was getting cloudier and then we started seeing flashes of lightening. It was the top of the fifth inning when we decided that we should start to head to the car (lightening + metal bleachers = bad combination). We were almost out of the stadium when a loud crash came and the game was called. We made it to the car just before the bottom fell out! We headed back to the church to wait out the storm, then went out to the house for a slumber party. Casey was headed home on Saturday, but decided that it would be so much more fun to stay at the house out in the woods than alone at the church ;).

Saturday brought Game #2 (followed by the end of Game #1) and the HEAT! It was so hot that Sara and I only lasted about 4 innings (the game started at 1). After we left the game, we decided that for the final game we needed to make shirts (a favorite past time of ours). Here are our shirts:

Then we made a good ol' Southern dinner: Fried Chicken, Fried Okra, Green beans, and Mac & Cheese



We had a wonderful weekend, especially since the Gators swept the series and sent LSU home with their tail between their legs! So proud of the boys in the Orange and Blue! I'll share two more pictures of Sara and I sporting our shirts at Sunday's (HOT) game:


No comments:

Post a Comment