Monday, March 28, 2011

One Amazing Night

On Friday, March 25 I had an amazing night - one that I won't likely forget anytime soon.  My friend Shawn and I went to a concert to see Kristian Stanfield (whom neither of us knew), Dave Barnes (whom both of us LOVE) and Brandon Heath (whom we knew and liked, but wasn't the main reason we were going).  The interesting thing abou this concert is that in January some friends of ours (D & K) got married.  In their ceremony they had a song of Brandon Heath's sung and their first dance was to a song of Dave Barnes.  So Shawn and I decided that we had to do something special for these friends (who were very upset that they already had plans and couldn't make the concert themselves).

We waited in line during the intermission to meet Dave Barnes, but ran out of time before the main show began.  So we figured that he would be back out after the rest of the concert and we'd see him then.  We were wrong.  After the concert, he was no where to be found.

However, we did get in line (and stayed there this time) to meet Brandon Heath.  We had something from the wedding to get him to sign for D & K.  Shawn told him the story about the wedding and how cool it was that he and Dave were touring together, but that we didn't get to see Dave.  Brandon (and yes, I'm pretending I'm on a first name basis with these guys) asked the security lady standing guard at the autograph table if she would go get Dave to come and sign our gift.  She informed us that he was speaking with some one and wasn't available.  So Brandon suggested that she take us to him and see if he could just pop out real quick.  It was the coolest thing ever!  We got to go to his "dressing room" and meet him!  He was so awesome.  He had no problem (like Brandon) in signing our gift for D & K and he even agreed to take a picture with me.


Me and Brandon Heath
 
Me and Dave Barnes


D & K absolutely love their gift.  Shawn framed it for them.  We were so excited!  Shawn was sure that he wasn't going to sleep that night due to his adrenaline high!  I know that Dave and Brandon will never read this, but just in case:  Thanks guys!!  You made our night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment